You have 1 PagePop. View
Looking for some Holiday gift ideas --
take a look at what Valley has to offer.
Valley at a Glance
Children walk into Valley in the morning smiling and ready for the daily challenges.
- Valley serves students from Westmoreland, Somerset, and Cambria counties and busing is available.
- Teachers are experts in their fields of study and welcome a partnership with parents.
- Classes in K-5 average 20 students, and most Upper School classes are divided with 13 students per section.
- The curriculum is challenging with hands-on science, technology, library, and world language all beginning in kindergarten.
- Everyone participates in music, art, and sports.
- Valley supports a big brother/big sister program and several community service projects, culminating in a leadership program for ninth graders.
- Children eat a family style lunch prepared on site with a teacher at each table.
- Younger students travel to Pittsburgh, Powdermill Nature Reserve and local theatres on field trips while older students explore Wallops Island, VA; Williamsburg, VA; Gettysburg, PA; Washington, DC; and Annapolis MD.
- All students enjoy outside recess twice a day, and a snack is served during the morning recess time.
- After Valley, students attend many of the local public and private high schools and well-known boarding schools.
- Valley School’s contribution from the endowment fund helps keep tuition reasonably priced.
- Need-based financial aid is available to qualifying families.
- Valley School’s campus is remarkable with renovated classrooms, a newly-constructed addition, three science labs, and 400 acres of woodlands.