The following checklist is a guide to completing the application process. Should you have questions about the admissions process specific to your family, please feel free to reach out to our Director of Admissions at (724) 238-5016 or email@example.com
How to Apply
- Complete the application form.
- Return the application form with the $35 application fee, made payable to Valley School of Ligonier.
- Give the teacher recommendation form to your child’s current teacher, along with a stamped envelope addressed to the Director of Admissions, Valley School of Ligonier.
- Parents of kindergarten candidates should also complete the readiness checklist.
- Please submit test scores from your child’s present school, if applicable.
All required forms are available below as PDF downloads.
After receiving an application, Valley School will contact your family to schedule a visit. Our family interviews and testing take place in January/February. Candidates for kindergarten will complete a developmental screening test while parents tour the school and meet with the Director of Admissions. Applicants for other grades are invited to spend time in a classroom at their current grade level. Achievement tests are given in reading and mathematics, and a writing sample is completed. Parents are invited to meet with the Director of Admissions and tour the school. Families will be notified of admission decisions in March.
Financial aid is available to qualifying families. Please indicate on the application form if you are interested in applying for financial aid. Information about the timeline and application process will be mailed to interested families beginning in November. Need is the chief criterion upon which scholarship amounts are based, and financial aid is reviewed and awarded annually.