This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of these cookies.

Learn More

Individual Guidelines

The EITC program allows an individual to benefit through the use of a Special Purpose Entity (SPE).
The SPE is a pass-through entity established in order for individuals to apply for and utilize EITC credits to offset their Pennsylvania personal income tax liability. The SPE applies for credits, receives contributions from its members, then distributes the funds to a Scholarship Organization such as Valley School.
The program is based on tax liability, not income. An individual or couple filing jointly must have a state tax liability of $3,500 or more to participate. To learn whether you qualify, find your PA tax liability on Form PA-40 line 12 of your most recent PA tax return.
Donors must be employed by or own a for-profit business—or own stock in a business—that operates in Pennsylvania. You will receive a PA income tax credit equal to 90% of your contribution as well as a federal tax deduction on your remaining 10%.
For more information, please visit: https://www.pennsylvaniaeitc.org/contact-us.html

Valley School of Ligonier

Address: 153 Lupine Lane, Rector PA 15677
Mail: PO Box 616 Ligonier, PA 15658
Phone: (724) 238-6652  Fax: (724) 238-6838
In an environment that is safe, challenging, nurturing, and disciplined, Valley School provides a balanced and strong program of study for a diverse group of children. Our goal is to stimulate in each young person lifelong habits of moral behavior, seeking wisdom, and doing good works for others.
© Valley School of Ligonier. All Rights Reserved.